Aller au contenu

My Controls Have Stopped Functioning [Fixed V2.10]

• Veuillez vous connecter pour répondre
8 réponses à ce sujet

#1 liquid_cookie

liquid_cookie

Posté 28 mars 2014 - 20:45

I installed it on a windows 8, 64 bit system using the fantastically easy installer hosted at the wiwiki (thanks!).

I always use view mode with the direction keys changed to "wasd" (instead of the arrow keys) because the game is a pain in the neck with the standard keys.

I've had weird flukes happen with the controls throughout the game, but when I exited the game's first dungeon, things just got worse and worse and worse.

If anyone can help me I would be endebted to them.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. This site is very difficult to utilize for non-Francophones.

#2 Kira

Kira

Top-modeleuse...

Posté 28 mars 2014 - 21:49

Hello, liquid_cookie, and welcome in Wiwiland...

Due to the mix of moves for directions and weapon moves, Daggerfall seems sometimes tricky to people used to more modern games...
I really don't want to be ironic, but could you develop a bit the "fluke concept"?... It would greatly help to find (or, at least, try to find) a solution to your problem....
Tout n'est qu'illusion... Surtout le fait de le penser.....
Image IPB
(Wiwi d'or de la plus serviable et de la plus cool... Merci à vous tous...)

#3 liquid_cookie

liquid_cookie

Posté 29 mars 2014 - 23:46

Voir le messageKira, le 28 mars 2014 - 21:49, dit :

Hello, liquid_cookie, and welcome in Wiwiland...

Due to the mix of moves for directions and weapon moves, Daggerfall seems sometimes tricky to people used to more modern games...
I really don't want to be ironic, but could you develop a bit the "fluke concept"?... It would greatly help to find (or, at least, try to find) a solution to your problem....

Thanks for your reply!

What I mean by flukes is that, for example, the "reverse" button stopped working so i have to do a complete 360 degree turn to go back. Going back in cursor/mouse mode doesn't work either. This happened early on.

I just wanted to add another "fluke":

When I am outside, pressing <slide> makes the falling snow move, instead of making me move.

Another fluke:

when I first start the game it goes black after the introduction screen, and i must click around for it to load.

I tried to start a new game and eventually my controlls stopped working with that too.

Modifié par liquid_cookie, 29 mars 2014 - 20:43.

#4 Kira

Kira

Top-modeleuse...

Posté 30 mars 2014 - 01:05

Hello, liquid_cookie...
Don't worry, you're not forgotten but even looking a bit everywhere i could, i haven't been able to find the beginning of an explanation....

I think it would help members if i translate your messages so they can, for those who don't really speak english, try to find a solution too... I'm going to synthetise the existing part, and i will translate, if necessary, the next messages...
To catch attention,if you don't mind, i'm going to open a new thread here, with a french tittle wich will be best seen by everyone....

So, if you aggree, you will find the new thread where i have translated your "flukes" here....

http://forum.wiwilan...ie/#entry735898

I hope we will quickly find a solution....
Tout n'est qu'illusion... Surtout le fait de le penser.....
Image IPB
(Wiwi d'or de la plus serviable et de la plus cool... Merci à vous tous...)

#5 Ancestral Ghost

Ancestral Ghost

Chasseur furtif

Posté 30 mars 2014 - 15:09

I don't have answer for the controls bug, I can't reproduce it. Is the bug always present if you start another game and don't change controls ?

Voir le messageliquid_cookie, le 29 mars 2014 - 23:46, dit :

Another fluke:

when I first start the game it goes black after the introduction screen, and i must click around for it to load.
Black screen after introduction video

If you get a Black screen after skipping the introduction video with the mouse, type ALT + ENTER for go in Windowed mode and ALT + ENTER again for return to fullscreen mode.
If you want skip the Introduction video, use Space or Escape but not the mouse for avoid this problem.

#6 rubinho

rubinho

Posté 10 août 2014 - 09:03

I know what your problem is!
I got the same issues with controls! And I solved them!
After surfing around in net for hours, I found enough hints (but not a single straight answer though) to start testing with the CYCLES setup in the dosbox conf file. For me, it worked when I set the value at 50000 (I think default value was max or auto or smth). Somewhre in forums I found suggstions to set this value to 30000, but then the game became slow. You need to test what setup works best for your compuer.
Apparently, this solves two issues: the control issue after exiting privateers hold (reverse button does not work, sliding sideways does not work (the character does not move, however the snowflakes do!)) AND some enemies (ghosts in daggerfall at night, quest targets in dungeons) becoming invisible.
The wiwilan guys shoud definitely add the cycle speed info to the istallation manual at the daggerfallSetup download page!
And, this forum IS a pain for anyone who doesnt speak french!

#7 Ancestral Ghost

Ancestral Ghost

Chasseur furtif

Posté 10 août 2014 - 12:53

Hello,

Actual default value for Daggerfall is "Max". I can try to change this directly in DaggerfallSetup for 50000 or something like this. I think the problem is the high performance on modern PC, with actual PC, max may be too fast. This was not a problem few years ago.

#8 Dragazhar

Dragazhar

Posté 07 octobre 2014 - 08:14

I can confirm this fix works. First let me thank you for the .exec file that saves me from typing in commands in DosBox. It really makes my day to just click on a desktop icon and launch the game.

I just found this file from UESP wiki and wanted to try it. I noticed a slight difference in Privateer's Hold as I changed to view mode to use WASD controls and found jumping was not working correctly. I would jump up minimally and using stealth also movement was choppy or not working with a jumping skill of 20 and stealth at 31.  Then after leaving the starter dungeon.. the first town I get to.. I find I cannot swim. I cannot move in water at all.

Changing the CYCLES line in the DosBox config file to 50000 from max worked to allow me to jump and run normally and I could swim properly even tho my skill in swimming was 3% haha. Climbing was fine. Load times were slower but we all know this is an old game and we all played it on a 486 or lower at one time.

#9 Ancestral Ghost

Ancestral Ghost

Chasseur furtif

Posté 10 octobre 2014 - 20:03

I'll set 50000 cycle as default for the next DaggerfallSetup version.
EDIT : Done in 2.10 version.

0 utilisateur(s) li(sen)t ce sujet

0 membre(s), 0 invité(s), 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s)